Remotely lock managed devices with Intune
|Applies to: Intune in the Azure portal|
|Looking for documentation about Intune in the classic portal? Go here.|
The Remote lock device locks the selected device. The device owner must use their passcode to unlock it. You can only remotely lock a device that has a PIN or password set.
Remote lock is supported for the following platforms:
|Windows 10 Mobile||Yes|
|Windows Phone||Yes, for Windows Phone 8.1 and later|
For macOS devices, you set a 6-digit recovery PIN. When locked, the Device overview blade displays the PIN until another device action is sent.
How to remote lock a device
- Sign into the Azure portal.
- Choose More Services > Monitoring + Management > Intune.
- On the Intune blade, choose Devices.
- On the Devices and groups blade, choose All devices.
- From the list of devices you manage, choose a device, and then choose the Remote lock device remote action.
To see the status of the action you just took, on the Devices and groups blade, choose Device Actions.