Remotely lock devices with Intune
The Remote lock device action locks the device. To unlock the device, the device owner enters their passcode. You can remotely lock devices that have a PIN or password set. Devices that don't have a PIN or password can't be remotely locked.
Remote lock is supported for the following platforms:
- Android enterprise kiosk devices
- Android enterprise work profile devices
- Windows 10 Mobile
- Windows Phone 8.1 and later
Remote lock isn't supported for:
- Windows 10 desktop
For macOS devices, you set a 6-digit recovery PIN. When the device is locked, the Device overview displays the PIN until another device action is sent.
Remote lock a device
- Sign in to the Azure portal.
- Select All services, filter on Intune, and then select Microsoft Intune.
- Select Devices > All devices.
- In the list of devices, select a device, and then select the Remote lock action.
- To see the status of this action, select Microsoft Intune > Devices > Device actions.
- For more actions that can help you manage your devices, see Available actions.
Send feedback about: