Email profile settings in Microsoft Intune for devices running Windows Phone 8.1
This article shows you the email profile settings you can configure for your devices running Windows Phone 8.1.
- Apply all settings to Windows Phone 8.1 only - This is a setting you can configure in the Intune classic portal. In the Azure portal, this setting cannot be changed. If this is set to Configured, any setting is only applied to Windows Phone 8.1 devices. If set to Not Configured, these settings also apply to Windows 10 Mobile devices.
- Email server - The host name of your Exchange server.
- Account name - The display name for the email account as it appears to users on their devices.
- Username attribute from AAD - This is the attribute in Active Directory (AD) or Azure AD, that is used to generate the username for this email profile. Select Primary SMTP Address, such as **email@example.com** or User Principal Name, such as user1 or **firstname.lastname@example.org**.
- Email address attribute from AAD - How the email address for the user on each device is generated. Select Primary SMTP Address to use the primary SMTP address to log into Exchange or use User Principal Name to use the full principal name as the email address.
- SSL - Use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) communication when sending emails, receiving emails, and communicating with the Exchange server.
- Amount of email to synchronize - Choose the number of days of email that you want to synchronize, or select Unlimited to synchronize all available email.
- Sync schedule - Select the schedule by which devices synchronize data from the Exchange server. You can also select As Messages arrive, which synchronizes data as soon as it arrives, or Manual, where the user of the device must initiate the synchronization.
Content sync settings
- Content type to sync - Select the content types that you want to synchronize to devices from: