The communication plan is a key element to an Intune migration. The following tools and templates are provided to assist you in educating end users. The Intune Adoption Kit includes email templates, an Intune Enrollment guide, and links to instructional videos for end user enrollment.
Download: Intune Adoption Kit
We recommend the following email communication plan. We’ve provided templates for you to adapt for your communication plan:
Email #1: Explain the benefits, expectations, and schedule. Take this opportunity to showcase any other new services whose access will be granted on devices managed by Intune.
Email #2: Announce that services are now ready for access through Intune. Tell users to enroll now. Give users a timeline before their access is affected. Remind users of benefits and strategic reasons for migration. After a certain period, you can begin enforcing compliance through Conditional Access policies and use it as criteria to access corporate data, as explained in Drive end-user adoption with Conditional Access.
Intune Enrollment Guide
This PDF attachment can be provided to your users as-is, or you may customize the Word version to include your internal resources and contact information.
We have created short, step-by-step videos to aid your users in easily enrolling their devices in Intune.
- Enroll your Android device
- Enroll your Android Work Profile device
- Enroll your iOS device
- Enroll your macOS device
- Enroll your Windows
Intune has additional resources you can use to promote device enrollment with your users:
- How to educate your end users about Microsoft Intune breaks out enrollment steps by mobile OS platform.
- The Intune device enrollment for IT administrators explains how to enroll Android, iOS, and Mac devices in Intune.
- Share the Company Portal app URL with your Android, iOS and Windows users. This URL redirects to the appropriate Company Portal app listing on Android, iOS and Windows devices.