Manage your company's terms and conditions for user access
As an Intune admin, you can require that users accept your company's terms and conditions before they can use the Company Portal to enroll their devices and access resources like company apps and email. Configuration of terms and conditions is optional.
You can create multiple sets of terms and assign them to different groups, such as to support different languages.
Create terms and conditions
Complete these steps to create terms and conditions. The display name and description are for administrative use while terms properties are displayed to users in the Company Portal.
Sign into the Azure portal.
Choose All services > Intune. Intune is located in the Monitoring + Management section.
On the Intune pane, choose Device enrollment, and then choose Terms and Conditions.
On the expanded pane, specify the following information:
Display name: The name for the terms in the Azure portal. Users don't see this name.
Description: Optional details that help you identify this set of terms in the Azure portal.
- Title: The name for your terms that users see in the Company Portal above the Summary.
- Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions that users see and must either accept or reject.
Select Ok and then select Create.
See how terms are displayed to your users
The following example shows the Title and Summary of Terms in the admin console and Company Portal.
The following example shows the terms and conditions in the admin console and the Company Portal.
Assign terms and conditions
You can assign terms and conditions to groups of user who must accept them before using the Company Portal.
- In the Azure portal, choose Device enrollment, and then choose Terms and Conditions.
- In the list of terms and conditions, select the terms you want to assign, and then select Manage > Assignments.
- Click Select groups to include and select the groups you want to assign the terms, and then click Select. Dynamic groups cannot be assigned Terms and Conditions.
- In the Assigned Groups pane, click Save. The terms and conditions are now assigned to users in the selected groups. Users will be prompted to accept terms the next time they access the company portal. The terms and conditions only need to be accepted once. Users with multiple devices don't have to accept on each device.
Monitor terms and conditions
- In the Azure portal, choose All Services > Monitoring + Management > Intune.
- On the Intune pane, choose Device enrollment, and then choose Terms and Conditions.
- In the list of terms and conditions, select the terms you want to view acceptance for, and then select Acceptance Reporting.
Work with multiple versions of terms and conditions
You can edit your terms and conditions and manage their versions. We recommend that you increase the version number and require acceptance any time you make significant changes to your terms and conditions. Keep the current version number if, for example, you are fixing typos or changing formatting.
In the Azure portal, choose All Services > Monitoring + Management > Intune.
On the Intune pane, choose Device enrollment, choose Terms and Conditions, select the terms and conditions you want to modify, and then select Properties.
On the Properties pane, select Terms and Conditions and then modify the Title, Summary of Terms, and Terms and Conditions as needed. If the changes you made make it necessary for users to reaccept the new terms, click Require users to re-accept, and increment the version number to
Select OK and then select Save.
Users only have to accept updated terms and conditions once. Users with multiple devices don't have to accept terms and conditions on each device.