Terms and conditions for user access
As an Intune admin, you can require that users accept your company's terms and conditions before using the Company Portal to:
- enroll devices
- access resources like company apps and email.
Configuration of terms and conditions is optional.
You can create multiple sets of terms and assign them to different groups, such as to support different languages.
There are two ways to create your company terms and conditions:
- by using Intune as described in this article.
Create terms and conditions
Complete these steps to create terms and conditions. The display name and description are for administrative use while terms properties are displayed to users in the Company Portal.
Sign into the Azure portal.
Choose All services > Intune. Intune is located in the Monitoring + Management section.
On the Intune pane, choose Device enrollment > Terms and Conditions.
On the expanded pane, specify the following information:
Display name: The name for the terms in the Azure portal. Users don't see this name.
Description: Optional details that help you identify this set of terms in the Azure portal.
- Title: The name for your terms that users see in the Company Portal above the Summary.
- Terms and Conditions: The terms and conditions that users see and must either accept or reject.
Choose Ok > Create.
See how terms are displayed to your users
The following example shows the Title and Summary of Terms in the admin console and Company Portal.
The following example shows the terms and conditions in the admin console and the Company Portal.
Assign terms and conditions
You can assign terms and conditions to groups of user who must accept them before using the Company Portal.
- In the Azure portal, choose Device enrollment, and then choose Terms and Conditions.
- In the list of terms and conditions, choose the terms you want to assign > Manage > Assignments.
- Choose Select groups to include > choose the groups you want to assign the terms > Select. Dynamic groups can't be assigned Terms and Conditions.
- In the Assigned Groups pane, choose Save. The terms and conditions are now assigned to users in the selected groups. Users will be prompted to accept terms the next time they access the company portal. The terms and conditions need to be accepted only once. Users with multiple devices don't have to accept on each device.
Monitor terms and conditions
- In the Azure portal, choose All Services > Monitoring + Management > Intune.
- On the Intune pane, choose Device enrollment > Terms and Conditions.
- In the list of terms and conditions, choose the terms you want to view acceptance for > Acceptance Reporting.
Work with multiple versions of terms and conditions
You can edit your terms and conditions and manage their versions. Each time you make a significant change to your terms and conditions, you should:
- increase the version number
- require users to accept the new terms and conditions Keep the current version number if, for example, you're fixing typos or changing formatting.
In the Azure portal, choose All Services > Monitoring + Management > Intune.
On the Intune pane, choose Device enrollment > Terms and Conditions > choose the terms and conditions you want to modify > Properties.
On the Properties pane, choose Terms and Conditions and then modify the Title, Summary of Terms, and Terms and Conditions as needed. If your changes make it necessary for users to reaccept the new terms, choose Require users to re-accept, and increment the version number to
Choose OK > Save.
Users only have to accept updated terms and conditions once. Users with multiple devices don't have to accept terms and conditions on each device.
We'd love to hear your thoughts. Choose the type you'd like to provide:
Our feedback system is built on GitHub Issues. Read more on our blog.