Configure VPN settings in Microsoft Intune for devices running macOS
This article shows you the Intune settings you can use to configure VPN connections on devices running macOS.
Depending on the settings you choose, not all values in the following list are configurable.
Base VPN settings
Connection name - Enter a name for this connection. End users see this name when they browse their device for the list of available VPN connections.
- IP address or FQDN - Provide the IP address or fully qualified domain name of the VPN server that devices connect to. Examples: 192.168.1.1, vpn.contoso.com.
- Authentication method - Choose how devices authenticate to the VPN server from:
- Certificates - Under Authentication certificate, Choose a SCEP or PKCS certificate profile you previously created to authenticate the connection. For more details about certificate profiles, see How to configure certificates.
- Username and password - End users must supply a username and password to log into the VPN server.
- Connection type - Select the VPN connection type from the following list of vendors:
- Check Point Capsule VPN
- Cisco AnyConnect
- SonicWall Mobile Connect
- F5 Edge Client
- Pulse Secure
- Custom VPN
- Split tunneling - Enable or Disable this option that lets devices decide which connection to use depending on the traffic. For example, a user in a hotel uses the VPN connection to access work files, but use the hotel's standard network for regular web browsing.
Custom VPN settings
If you selected Custom VPN, configure these further settings:
- VPN identifier This is an identifier for the VPN app you are using, and is supplied by your VPN provider.
- Enter key and value pairs for the custom VPN attributes Add or import Keys and Values that customize your VPN connection. Again, these values are typically supplied by your VPN provider.
- Automatic configuration script - Use a file to configure the proxy server. Enter the Proxy server URL that contains the configuration file. For example, enter
- Address - Enter the proxy server address (as an IP address).
- Port number - Enter the port number associated with the proxy server.