Intune compliance reports for updates
When you use Intune to deploy Windows update to Windows 10 devices, view details about update compliance by using Intune or a free solution called Update Compliance, which is part of the Microsoft Operations Management Suite (OMS).
To review a policy report on the deployment status for the Windows 10 update rings that you have configured:
Sign in to the Azure portal.
Choose All services, filter on Intune, and select Microsoft Intune.
Select Software updates > Overview. You can see general information about the status of any update rings you assigned.
Open one of the following reports:
For all deployment rings:
- On the Software updates > Windows 10 Update Rings
- In the Monitor section, choose Per update ring deployment state.
For specific deployment rings:
- In Software updates > Windows 10 Update Rings, choose the deployment ring to review.
- In the Monitor section, choose from the following reports to view more detailed information about the update ring:
- Device status
- User status
Use Update Compliance
You can monitor Windows 10 update rollouts by using Update Compliance, a Windows Analytics solution. Update Compliance is offered through the Azure portal and is available free for devices that meet its prerequisites.
When you use this solution, you deploy a commercial ID to any of your Intune managed Windows 10 devices for which you want to report update compliance.
In the Intune console, you use the OMA-URI settings of a custom policy to configure the commercial ID. For details, see Intune policy settings for Windows 10 devices in Microsoft Intune.
The OMA-URI (case sensitive) path for configuring the commercial ID is: ./Vendor/MSFT/DMClient/Provider/MS DM Server/CommercialID
For example, you can use the following values in Add or edit OMA-URI Setting:
- Setting Name: Windows Analytics Commercial ID
- Setting Description: Configuring commercial ID for Windows Analytics solutions
- OMA-URI (case sensitive): ./Vendor/MSFT/DMClient/Provider/MS DM Server/CommercialID
- Data Type: String
- Value: <Use the GUID shown on the Windows Telemetry tab in your OMS workspace>
For more information about MS DM Server, see DMClient configuration service provider (CSP).