Exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC Web Applications
This exam retired on January 31, 2021. For currently available options, please refer to the Browse Certifications and Exams page.
Candidates for this exam are professional developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio 2017 and ASP.NET to design and develop web solutions. Candidates should have a minimum of three to five years of experience developing Microsoft ASP.NET MVC-based solutions and knowledge of Microsoft Azure Web Apps.
Candidates should also have the following experience:
- Designing and developing web applications in an ASP.NET MVC model
- Planning and designing user interaction solutions based on business requirements
- Experience with the full software development life cycle of web applications
- Developing and deploying to multi-tier environments, including Azure
- Designing and developing asynchronous solutions
Note: There are exam updates effective as of January 15, 2018. To learn more about these changes and how they affect the skills measured, please download and review the Exam 486 change document.
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- Design the application architecture (15-20%)
- Design the build and deployment architecture (10-15%)
- Design the User Experience (15-20%)
- Develop the User Experience (15-20%)
- Troubleshoot and Debug Web Applications (20-25%)
- Design and Implement Security (15-20%)