Exam DP-900: Microsoft Azure Data Fundamentals
This exam is an opportunity to demonstrate knowledge of core data concepts and related Microsoft Azure data services. Candidates for this exam should have familiarity with Exam DP-900’s self-paced or instructor-led learning material.
This exam is intended for candidates beginning to work with data in the cloud.
Candidates should be familiar with the concepts of relational and non-relational data, and different types of data workloads such as transactional or analytical.
Azure Data Fundamentals can be used to prepare for other Azure role-based certifications like Azure Database Administrator Associate or Azure Data Engineer Associate, but it is not a prerequisite for any of them.
You may be eligible for ACE college credit if you pass this certification exam. See ACE college credit for certification exams for details.
The English language version of this exam will be updated on August 4, 2022. Please download the study guide in the “Tip” box for details on upcoming changes. If a localized version of this exam is available, it will be updated approximately eight weeks after this date.
Passing score: 700. Learn more about exam scores.
Part of the requirements for: Microsoft Certified: Azure Data Fundamentals
Related exams: none
Important: See detailsGo to Certification Dashboard
- The English language version of this exam will be updated on August 4, 2022. Download the study guide in the preceding “Tip” box for more details about the skills measured on this exam.
- Describe core data concepts (25-30%)
- Identify considerations for relational data on Azure (20-25%)
- Describe considerations for working with non-relational data on Azure (15-20%)
- Describe an analytics workload on Azure (25-30%)
Two ways to prepare
Azure Data Fundamentals validates foundational knowledge of core data concepts and how they are implemented using Microsoft Azure data services.