If you enjoy analyzing data and using Power BI to discover and unlock data insights, this could be the ideal certification for you—especially if you use those insights to provide easy-to-understand data visualizations that can help drive the success of your team and organization.
You fit the profile for a Power BI Data Analyst Associate if you have a fundamental understanding of data repositories and data processes, both on-premises and in the cloud. You’re also a subject matter expert who enables organizations to maximize the value of their data assets by using Power BI. Your responsibilities include designing and building scalable data models, cleaning and transforming data, and enabling advanced analytic capabilities that provide meaningful business value. You also collaborate with key stakeholders across verticals to deliver relevant insights based on identified business requirements.
If you need more experience before you try to earn this certification, you could:
- Work on a Power BI data analysis and visualization project.
- Shadow a data analyst who works with Power BI.
- Complete additional training on Microsoft Docs.
- Take available learning paths on Microsoft Learn.
- Find training options at the Power BI Learning catalog.
- Sign up for an instructor-led training course.