For exams delivered through Pearson VUE:
If you need additional time because the exam is not available in your native language, you may request this by submitting the English as a Second Language form. Follow the instructions on the form.
If you require special equipment or any other accommodation when you take an exam, you may request an accommodation through Pearson VUE using their “Reasonable Adjustments Request System” https://rs.hgportal.net/amer/candidate. The Reasonable Adjustments Request System is a secure, on-line system for requesting accommodations and submitting supporting documentation.
- If you are a first-time user to the request system, you will need to create a username and password. To create a username, click on the “Register” link at the log-in screen. Please note that the system requires that you have an active email account.
- Pearson VUE uses this secure system because you will be required to upload supporting documentation. If you haven’t already done so, give your evaluator (doctor, psychologist) a copy of the Guidelines for Evaluators for your disability. Your evaluator should make sure that the documentation he/she provides meets our guidelines. In most cases, your evaluator will be a psychologist or doctor who administered a series of psychological, educational or medical tests, and provided you with a copy of a diagnostic report or a detailed letter.
- Please allow 10 business days for Pearson VUE to review your materials. Please plan your request accordingly.
- After your request has been reviewed, you will receive an email that a determination has been made. The determination letter will appear in the “My Documents” section in the “Reasonable Adjustments Request System.” If approved, the determination letter will provide instructions for scheduling your accommodated exam.
- If you are not satisfied with the test accommodations decision, you may appeal the decision by clicking on the “Request an Appeal” button in the same section as the determination letter appears in the “Reasonable Adjustments Request System.” Please complete and upload the appeals form that appears after clicking the button. Disability experts review all appeal requests.
For exams delivered through Certiport:
If you need additional time because the exam is not available in your native language, require special equipment, or would like to request any other accommodation when you take an exam, you may request an accommodation through Certiport following the process described here.
For exams delivered through PSI:
To request exam accommodations, please submit an accommodations request with PSI prior to scheduling an exam. PSI will respond to the request within 24-48 business hours.