When you analyze your cloud-based solutions, you should be asking yourself a series of questions that will help you determine whether your applications are following operational best practices. For example: how operationally mature is your cloud environment? Are you incorporating modern practices such as DevOps into the way your organization operates? Are you able to assess the health of your infrastructure? Are adverse events visible and actionable? Are you provisioning resources manually, or have you automated them to reduce risk and increase efficiency?
In this module, you'll learn about the Operational Excellence pillar of the Azure Well-Architected Framework, which will enable you to answer these types of questions and improve the operations of your Azure cloud deployments. The concepts discussed in this module are not all-inclusive, but they represent some of the important considerations when building a solution on the cloud. For more details on the Azure Well-Architected Framework, visit the Azure Architecture Center as you start planning and designing your architecture.
By the end of this module, you will be able to:
- Apply modern practices to design, build, and orchestrate resources on Azure
- Gain operational insights by using monitoring and analytics
- Reduce effort and error by using automation
- Identify issues and improve quality in your application by using tests
- Experience building or operating solutions using core infrastructure technology such as data storage, compute, and networking
- Experience building or operating technology systems to solve business problems