Exercise - create an advanced rule structure
The Accounting manager is setting up the charts of accounts for Contoso Enterprise. For some of the accounts, the organization wants to track additional information that is not captured in the account structures. They must ensure that for the financial dimension customer group 80: Other customers only certain departments can be used.
Perform the following steps to create an advanced rule:
- Go to General ledger > Chart of accounts > Structures > Advanced rule structures.
- Select New to create a new record.
- Enter a unique identifier for the Advanced rule structure, enter a brief description, and then select OK.
- Select Add segment to add a financial dimension to the structure.
- Select a financial dimension from the list and then select Add segment.
- Select the Filter icon, under the selected segment, to define which values for the financial dimension are applicable for the selected rule.
- Under the Allowed value details Fasttab, the Where defaults to Cost center.
- Define the Operator such as is.
- And then define the Value for example 020.
- Enter 020 in the CostCenter field just under Segments and allowed values Fasttab.
- Select Activate in the menu at the top to save the changes and make them effective in the ledger.
- Select Activate.