In this module, you've learned how to:
- Create a specialized virtual hard disk.
- Create a virtual machine from an existing managed disk.
- Create a virtual machine image.
- Create a virtual machine from an existing virtual machine image.
You can use this knowledge to build a customized virtual machine image that's configured to meet your organization's requirements. You can then use this image to roll out virtual machines across the entire organization.
For more information about disk imaging in Azure, see the following articles:
- Create a managed image of a generalized VM in Azure
- How to create an image of a virtual machine or VHD
- Create a Windows VM from a specialized disk by using PowerShell
- Introduction to Azure managed disks
- Create a VM from a managed image
For a complete description of the different types of VHDs available, and their performance and cost profiles, read What disk types are available in Azure?.