Explore retail channels
Retail organizations are no longer just brick-and-mortar stores. You need the ability to unify the shopping experience across all retail experiences. You must support diverse types of stores, including the traditional brick-and-mortar store, online stores, and call centers. Each store can have its own payment methods, delivery methods, price groups, income and expense accounts, point-of-sale (POS) systems, and staff. But across all the purchasing channels, you give customers the convenience and flexibility to buy in-store, pick up in other locations, or get home delivery with optimized ordering and fulfillment tools.
Dynamics 365 Commerce supports both cloud point-of-sale (CPOS) and modern point-of-sale (MPOS) experiences. Use the CPOS on browsers with mobile devices, or use MPOS to process sales, orders, operations, and inventory across other devices. You can track and control commissions and receipts during and after sale events.
Dynamics 365 Commerce supports the following POS options:
- Retail MPOS for Windows operating systems and mobile devices
- CPOS that enables POS features in supported browsers
In all cases, the POS shares the same core application code. This point is important for the following reasons:
- The user interface (UI) is consistent, whatever of the platform or form factor.
- Most of the capabilities are the same, whatever of the platform or form factor. However, there are some important differences.
- In each, you can combine and run the POS variations concurrently. For example, for its main registers, you can use MPOS on devices that run Windows. However, you can supplement those registers with browser-based terminals or mobile devices.
- You can use customizations and extensions across platforms and form factors. Because the core application shares code, you can implement most customizations once instead of multiple times.
With Dynamics 365 Commerce, you can use a wide range of devices with MPOS and CPOS. Both MPOS and CPOS offer multiple interfaces and deployment options to help with your various business scenarios, such as business-to-business and business-to-consumer scenarios that require unique sales processes with efficient, well-defined strategies.
Unified commerce is a fundamental shift in how technology supports the retail business. With unified commerce merging front-end and back-end systems into a single platform, technology is no longer a set of standalone, separate entities. Instead, technology gives the retailer’s business a foundation and creates an agile system for delivering insightful, efficient service at every touchpoint.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 Commerce is a complete retail solution that delivers unified commerce across all channels. It includes sales, mobility, intelligence, and productivity, and helps you achieve more in a cloud-first manner.
The following graphic shows an overview of Dynamics 365 Commerce capabilities.
Dynamics 365 Commerce gives you integrated merchandising, inventory, order management, warehousing, and financials. Supporting this integration is artificial intelligence (AI) driven personalization, fraud protection, and search. In addition, Dynamics 365 Commerce supports Microsoft Power Platform to deliver analytics and business workflow orchestration.
Dynamics 365 Commerce allows you to:
- Build brand loyalty through personalized customer engagements.
- Increase revenue with improved employee productivity.
- Optimize operations to reduce costs and drive supply chain efficiencies.
In the modern retail environment, consumers are well informed and expect intuitive, engaging, and informative experiences when they shop. We call this situation connected commerce, and it's best described as:
- Delivering great customer experiences with a true omni-channel solution.
- Allowing employees to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Strengthening strategic planning and merchandising practices.
- Integrating supply chain in all touchpoints.
- Unifying business processes across every channel.
The following illustration shows how Dynamics 365 Commerce capabilities support the modern consumer's journey and the back-office processes that support the consumer's shopping journey.
Dynamics 365 Commerce offers comprehensive support for merchandising, inventory, and channel management. It also gives you immersive customer experiences across all touchpoints and scales to your needs across traditional and emerging channels.
Everything to build and run digital commerce
Built-in web authoring and development tools enable you to create engaging and intelligent digital storefronts. Connecting Commerce with Dynamics 365 Marketing increases integration of assets, promotions, inventory, and pricing across all channels.
Build loyalty and exceed customer expectations
Meet your customer demand and deliver personalized, easy commerce experiences. The connected Dynamics 365 Marketing and Commerce platforms support management of content, assets, promotions, inventory, and pricing across channels.
Flexible and intelligent omni-channel experience
You can deliver easy and consistent yet unique engagement across online and offline channels. This engagement allows your customers to buy when, how, and where they want. It also gives them choices around modern payment methods and product delivery.
Streamline operations using cloud intelligence
Integrated, optimized back-office operations take advantage of built-in cloud intelligence technology. This intelligence helps you adapt to changing business needs and improve the quality of service and customer satisfaction. You can also use machine learning to help customers find products and services that meet their needs.