Hybrid Identity is the process of connecting your on-premises Active Directory with your Azure Active Directory. You do this to enable a single account to have access to resources on-premises and in the cloud. There are many other security benefits as well.
A security engineer uses Hybrid Identity to share identity, authentication, and access across on-premises and cloud resources; you will work on such tasks as:
- Connect your on-premises AD with your Azure AD.
- Select the best authentication option based on your user's needs and your security goals.
- Configure authentication options to create your most secure environment.
Azure Active Directory is a part of Exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Engineer.
Manage identity and access (30-35%)
Manage Azure AD identities
- configure authentication methods including password hash and Pass-Through Authentication (PTA), OAuth, and passwordless
In this module, you will:
- Configure and deploy Azure AD Connect.
- Configure password hash synchronization.
- Implement pass-through authentication.
- Select and configure the optimal authentication method based on your security posture.
- Deploy password writeback.