The Contoso IT team has questions about how to migrate an on-premises file server to Azure, and how to ensure that important file shares are replicated throughout the organization without requiring DFS.
To answer the IT teams questions, you learned in this module how to deploy Azure File Sync, how to use Storage Migration Services to migrate file servers to Azure, and how to migrate from DFS.
Now, you can share with the team the ways that Azure File Sync offers the tools necessary to migrate shared folders and DFS content to Azure services.
You can learn more by reviewing the following documents.
- What is Azure Files?.
- Migrate to Azure file shares.
- Create an Azure file share.
- How to create a premium Azure file share.
- Planning for an Azure Files deployment.
- Overview of Azure Files identity-based authentication options for SMB access.
- Azure Files networking considerations.
- Troubleshoot Azure Files problems in Windows.
- Planning for an Azure File Sync deployment.
- Deploy Azure File Sync.
- Cloud Tiering Overview.