Relationship Sales for Dynamics 365
Relationship Sales overview
Relationship selling is about enabling sellers to find the right people to market to, and how to build strong relationships with them from the beginning. Today more than ever organizations are using relationship selling to build and sustain long lasting relationships with their customers. Good relationship sellers prioritize the connection they have with their customers over all other aspects of the sale. They understand that by developing trust, adding business value and spending a lot of time with prospects before attempting to close the deal, that they will be able to offer them the right solution that fits all their needs and put themselves in the best position to provide services for the long term.
Dynamics 365's Relationship Sales solution combined with the additional Dynamics 365 for Sales tools can better equip organizations with the information that they need to build those long-term relationships with customers. Dynamics 365's Relationship Sales solution combines Dynamics 365 for Sales with LinkedIn Sales navigator to leverage sales professionals LinkedIn network to not only identify potential sales leads, but also provide avenues to facilitate introductions and position yourself as a subject matter expert that companies will want to engage with. Additionally, it provides tools that help professionals engage with leads through personalized content, and track who is interacting with that content.
By leveraging the LinkedIn integration within Dynamics 365, Contact, Company, and Activity data from LinkedIn can be surfaced and interacted with directly from Dynamics 365 records such as Accounts and Contacts. Activities that originated from LinkedIn can be easily tracked and stored with the corresponding record in Dynamics 365.
Combined with other Dynamics 365 components such as sales playbooks, embedded intelligence, and Dynamics 365 AI for Sales Insights, which leverages the power of artificial intelligence, organizations can ensure that they are always using the best play based on the deal type. Thus, gaining trust, providing value, and positioning themselves as valuable subject matter experts will help build and strengthen that relationship over time.
Create targeted sales plays based on past success - Sales playbooks in Dynamics 365 allow organizations to maintain a searchable library of playbooks that define the activities that are launched when it is triggered. Status progress can be tracked against the playbook outcome.
Leverage the power of your network - LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration for Microsoft Dynamics 365's Unified Interface creates a seamless experience between Sales Navigator and Dynamics 365, empowering sales reps to get customer insights and recommendations directly from any Dynamics 365 Unified Interface form.
With LinkedIn Sales Navigator integration, sellers can:
- Get headline information, recent activities, news, and job change information when viewing the customer record in Dynamics 365.
- Leverage icebreakers to identify commonalities between you and your prospects.
- Ask for an introduction to the lead from anyone within their network or anyone in your organization who may be connected to the lead.
- Get one-click access to LinkedIn InMail and increase your probability of reaching your buyer.
- Have LinkedIn user images used as Contact images in Dynamics 365.
- Surface LinkedIn activities such as InMail and PointDrive activities in the Activity timeline displayed in Dynamics 365.
Gain insight with Embedded Intelligence - One way that Dynamics 365 can help empower sales staff to build relationships is through embedded intelligence. Embedded intelligence is a suite of features that continuously analyze the vast collection of customer-interaction data already stored in your Dynamics 365 and Microsoft Exchange databases. This will help you to better understand your business relationships, evaluate your activities in relation to previous successes, and choose the best path forward.
Embedded intelligence includes the following features, which all work together to amplify their individual strengths:
Relationship assistant - Analyzes all the data at its disposal and generates a collection of action cards. Each card includes a message summarizing what the card is about, plus a set of links for taking action. It sorts the cards by priority and filters them for your current context.
Email engagement - Helps you create more effective email messages and learn how your contacts are interacting with them. As emails are sent to, opened, and forwarded on by customers, email engagement tracks those activities and reports back information. It can also remind sales staff of actions to take based on customers viewing or not viewing emails.
Auto capture - Looks for messages to or from relevant email addresses and presents sales staff the relevant messages inside Dynamics 365. Sales staff can elect to track any of the suggested messages, which makes them available to other team members and for use by other embedded intelligence features.
Build and manage relationships with artificial intelligence
With Dynamics 365 AI for Sales Insghts, organizations can build strong relationships with customers, take actions based on insights, and close sales faster. Dynamics 365's AI for Sales Insights feature includes the following components:
- Relationship analytics - Gathers relevant information from throughout Dynamics 365 database to create a graphical display of key performance indicators (KPIs) and activity histories.
- Predictive lead scoring - Helps you to focus on revenue generation efforts by providing scores to prioritize efforts on quality leads.
- Predictive opportunity scoring - Helps you to focus on revenue generation efforts by providing scores to prioritize efforts on quality opportunities.
- Notes analysis - Monitors notes that you enter regarding a recent meeting or discussion with your customer to provide intelligent suggestions.
- Talking points - Displays topics to start a conversation with your customer such as sports, vacation, family, and entertainment.
- Who knows whom - Provides details such as names and email addresses of your colleagues who know a lead that you are going to interact with.
Relationship Sales demo
Now that you have learned about what tools are available with the Relationship Selling solution, here's an example scenario where relationship sales could be leveraged.
Current situation - HCL is currently leveraging both Dynamics 365 and LinkedIn Sales Navigator. They are using Sales Navigator to engage with their customers through posts and by sharing relevant content that their customers will find beneficial. They are also using the application to identify potential accounts and leads that might benefit from their services. They use Dynamics 365 to manage their sales process, day-to-day activities, and sales pipeline. Information between the two applications is not being shared or leveraged by the other.
Business objectives - HCL is looking to more efficiently leverage data from both applications as a complete sales and relationship management tool. They are hoping to link sales related data stored in Dynamics 365 such as Accounts and Contacts to corresponding Accounts and Leads stored in LinkedIn. By creating a tighter relationship between the two applications, HCL is hoping to achieve the following:
- Make LinkedIn Account and Lead data accessible to corresponding Dynamics 365 sales records.
- Surface relevant LinkedIn data on additional sales related records such as Leads and Opportunities.
- Synchronize common data captured in LinkedIn with the appropriate Dynamics 365 records.
- Leverage LinkedIn activities such as InMail and PointDrive to better engage with their customers with tailored communication and marketing materials.
- Track and associate any activities that originated from LinkedIn on Dynamics 365 records.
Business scenario - Recently, a relationship manager was informed of a significant leadership change that occurred at one of his major accounts. They have identified the new person in the role that they typically work with and would like to leverage their LinkedIn network to locate someone who could facilitate an introduction.
In addition, they would like to engage with this person using PointDrive to create customized content that that can be consumed as needed.
With Dynamics 365, organizations can create a cohesive experience where LinkedIn related information can be surfaced inside Dynamics 365 to create a more cohesive end-to-end experience. Here's a closer look at what the end user would experience.
To build long lasting relationships with customers, it is important that organizations have the right tools at their disposal to not only identify and engage with customers to build trust and establish them as a trusted subject matter expert, but they also need to be able to easily identify when those relationships might be slipping and have tools in place to assist in ensuring that a relationship does not deteriorate.
By leveraging Dynamics 365's Relationship Sales, organizations can easily build these long-lasting relationships by leveraging the wide variety of tools available to assist in the various stages of the relationships. With Dynamics 365's Relationships Sales, organizations can:
- Leverage powerful integration with LinkedIn Sales Navigator to easily identify potential Accounts and Leads that might benefit from their products and services.
- Utilize Sales Navigator tools such and InMail, TeamLink, and PointDrive to facilitate introductions with prospective buyers, engage with them directly, and provide custom marketing materials that can be easily tracked within the context of Dynamics 365.
- More efficiently close deals by defining sales playbooks that implement proven sales tactics.
- Maintain a healthy relationship with customers by monitoring customer relationships and executing actions when relationships are starting to slip.
- Leverage the power of artificial intelligence to define Lead and Opportunity scoring models to ensure that sales staff are focusing on the right deals for the organization.