Learn the fundamentals of Azure Databricks and Apache Spark notebooks.
In this module, you will:
- Create your own Azure Databricks workspace
- Create a notebook inside your home folder in Databricks
- Understand the fundamentals of Apache Spark notebook
- Create, or attach to, a Spark cluster
- Identify the types of tasks that are well suited to the unified analytics engine Apache Spark.
You'll need an Azure subscription. If you don't have an Azure subscription, create an account and add a subscription before you begin. The Azure free trial subscription type will not work with Databricks, but the exercises can be completed for free using the Databricks 14 day free trial offer on a pay-as-you-go subscription. Instructions for using the free trial offer are included in the exercises.