Understand Desktop Analytics
Desktop Analytics is a cloud-based service that integrates with Configuration Manager to help you update devices. It provides insight and intelligence for you to make more informed decisions about the update readiness of your Windows clients. The service combines data from your organization with data aggregated from millions of devices connected to the Microsoft cloud. It provides information on apps, and devices in your organization, identifies compatibility issues with apps and drivers, suggest mitigations based on cloud enabled data insights, and create pilots that represent the entire application and driver state across a minimal set of devices.
Use Desktop Analytics with Configuration Manager to:
- Create an inventory of apps running in your organization.
- Assess app compatibility with the latest Windows 10 feature updates.
- Identify compatibility issues, and receive mitigation suggestions based on cloud-enabled data insights.
- Create pilot groups that represent the entire application and driver estate across a minimal set of devices.
- Deploy Windows 10 to pilot and production-managed devices.
The following screenshot displays the Desktop Analytics pane: