Learn how to use location tracking on your phone mixed with Azure Functions and Twilio to share your location with your friends as a text message.
In this module, you will:
- Create a cross-platform Xamarin.Forms app that uses Xamarin.Essentials
- Create a cross-platform UI using XAML with application logic in a ViewModel, as well as bind properties in a ViewModel to the UI
- Detect the user's location
- Create the Azure Functions with an HTTP trigger and run it locally
- Call the Azure Functions from a mobile app, passing data as JSON
- Bind the Azure Functions to Twilio to send an SMS message
- Publish an Azure Functions app to Azure
You'll need an Azure subscription. If you don't have an Azure subscription, create a free account and add a subscription before you begin.