Dynamics 365 portals provide a powerful option to surface content and Common Data Service data to an external audience. Understanding on how portals extend and work within context of Dynamics 365 and how the components work together will assist users in planning, designing and troubleshooting portal implementations.
In this module, you will:
- Identify the key portal components and how they operate.
- Describe portal and site settings and the role they play in portal operations.
- Understand what the Portal Website Host on Azure is and how it operates.
- Understand the purpose of the portal managed solutions.
- Examine how portal metadata is used to display content and data.
- Learn the purpose of key portal entities.
You should have basic understanding and usage and navigation of Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement Apps as well as knowledge of how to customize and configure model-driven apps. Some basic understanding of Azure components will also be beneficial.