MICROSOFT PREVIEW SOFTWARE LICENSE TERMS
SQL SERVER INTEGRATION SERVICES PROJECTS
IF YOU LIVE IN (OR ARE A BUSINESS WITH YOUR PRINCIPAL PLACE OF BUSINESS IN) THE UNITED STATES, PLEASE READ THE “BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER” SECTION BELOW. IT AFFECTS HOW DISPUTES ARE RESOLVED.
These preview license terms are an agreement between Microsoft Corporation (or based on where you live, one of its affiliates) and you. Please read them. They apply to the software named above, which includes the media on which you received it, if any. The terms also apply to any Microsoft
- Internet-based services, and
- support services
for this software, unless other terms accompany those items. If so, those terms apply.
BY USING THE SOFTWARE, YOU ACCEPT THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT THEM, DO NOT USE THE SOFTWARE.
If you comply with these license terms, you have the rights below.
1. USE RIGHTS. You may use any number of copies of the software on your devices.
2. SCOPE OF LICENSE. The software is licensed, not sold. Unless applicable law gives you more rights, Microsoft and its licensors reserve all other rights not expressly granted under this agreement, whether by implication, estoppel or otherwise. You may use the software only as expressly permitted in this agreement. In doing so, you must comply with any technical limitations in the software that only allow you to use it in certain ways. You may not (and must instruct your users to not):
- use the software for any purpose other than as permitted by this agreement;
- work around any technical limitations in the software;
- distribute, modify or create derivative works of, reverse engineer, attempt to view or copy the source code of, decompile or disassemble the software, in whole or in part, or permit or authorize a third party to do so, except and only to the extent that applicable law expressly permits, despite this limitation;
- make more copies of the software than as reasonably necessary in order to enable any permitted use or allowed by applicable law, despite this limitation;
- publish the software for others to copy;
- rent, lease or lend the software;
- transfer the software or this agreement to any third party; or
- use the software for commercial software hosting services.
3. INTERNET-BASED SERVICES. Microsoft provides Internet-based services with the software. It may change or cancel them at any time. You may not use these devices in any way that could harm them or impair anyone else’s use of them. This software is designed to allow users of SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) to (a) move data between on-premises data-stores and Microsoft online services and (b) trigger certain actions in Microsoft online services. In order to do this, the software uses Internet Protocols to (i) send data, including your own data as designated by you and data about the software’s configuration, to these services, and (ii) request data, including your own data as designated by you and data about the nature and configuration of your Microsoft online services, from these services. Once you configure the software to communicate with these services, you may not receive separate notices when the software connects to these services.
6. DOCUMENTATION. Any person that has valid access to your computer or internal network may copy and use the documentation for your internal, reference purposes.
7. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. The software is subject to United States export laws and regulations. You must comply with all domestic and international export laws and regulations that apply to the software. These laws include restrictions on destinations, end users and end use. For additional information, see https://www.microsoft.com/exporting.
8. SUPPORT SERVICES; NO SLA. Because this software is “as is,” we may not provide support services for it, and the use of this software (including any errors caused by it) is not subject to any service level agreement or SLA you may have with Microsoft.
9. FEEDBACK. If you give feedback about the software to Microsoft, you give to Microsoft, without charge, the right to use, share and commercialize your feedback in any way and for any purpose. You will not give feedback that is subject to a license that requires Microsoft to license its software or documentation to third parties because Microsoft includes your feedback in them. These rights survive this agreement.
10. TERMINATION. Without prejudice to any other rights, Microsoft may terminate this agreement if you fail to comply with any of its terms or conditions. In such event, you must immediately discontinue use of the software and destroy all copies of the software and all of its component parts. Notwithstanding any termination of this agreement, Sections 10-16 shall survive the termination of this Agreement.
11. BINDING ARBITRATION AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. This Section applies if you live in (or, if a business, your principal place of business is in) the United States. If you and Microsoft have a dispute, you and Microsoft agree to try for 60 days to resolve it informally. If you and Microsoft can’t, you and Microsoft agree to binding individual arbitration before the American Arbitration Association under the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”), and not to sue in court in front of a judge or jury. Instead, a neutral arbitrator will decide. Class action lawsuits, class-wide arbitrations, private attorney-general actions, and any other proceeding where someone acts in a representative capacity are not allowed; nor is combining individual proceedings without the consent of all parties. The complete Arbitration Agreement contains more terms and is at https://aka.ms/arb-agreement-1. You and Microsoft agree to these terms.
12. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This agreement, and the terms for supplements, updates, Internet-based services and support services that you use, are the entire agreement for the software and support services.
13. APPLICABLE LAW.
a. United States. If you acquired the software in the United States, Washington state law governs the interpretation of this agreement and applies to claims for breach of it, regardless of conflict of laws principles. The laws of the state where you live govern all other claims, including claims under state consumer protection laws, unfair competition laws, and in tort.
b. Outside the United States. If you acquired the software in any other country, the laws of that country apply.
14. LEGAL EFFECT. This agreement describes certain legal rights. You may have other rights under the laws of your country. You may also have rights with respect to the party from whom you acquired the software. This agreement does not change your rights under the laws of your country if the laws of your country do not permit it to do so.
15. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY. THE SOFTWARE IS LICENSED “AS-IS.” YOU BEAR THE RISK OF USING IT. MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS GIVE NO EXPRESS WARRANTIES, GUARANTEES OR CONDITIONS. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL CONSUMER RIGHTS OR STATUTORY GUARANTEES UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS WHICH THIS AGREEMENT CANNOT CHANGE. TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER YOUR LOCAL LAWS, MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS EXCLUDE THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
FOR AUSTRALIA – YOU HAVE STATUTORY GUARANTEES UNDER THE AUSTRALIAN CONSUMER LAW AND NOTHING IN THESE TERMS IS INTENDED TO AFFECT THOSE RIGHTS.
16. LIMITATION ON AND EXCLUSION OF REMEDIES AND DAMAGES. YOU CAN RECOVER FROM MICROSOFT AND ITS SUPPLIERS ONLY DIRECT DAMAGES UP TO U.S. $5.00. YOU CANNOT RECOVER ANY OTHER DAMAGES, INCLUDING CONSEQUENTIAL, LOST PROFITS, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES.
This limitation applies to
- anything related to the software, services, content (including code) on third party Internet sites, or third-party programs; and
- claims for breach of contract, breach of warranty, guarantee or condition, strict liability, negligence, or other tort to the extent permitted by applicable law.
It also applies even if Microsoft knew or should have known about the possibility of the damages. The above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you because your country may not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental, consequential or other damages.
Please note: As this software is distributed in Quebec, Canada, some of these license terms are provided below in French.
Remarque : Ce logiciel étant distribué au Québec, Canada, les termes de cette licence sont fournis ci-dessous en français.
SQL SERVER INTEGRATION SERVICES PROJECTS
EXCLUSIONS DE GARANTIE. Le logiciel est concédé sous licence « en l’état ». Vous assumez tous les risques liés à son utilisation. Microsoft et ses fournisseurs n’accorde aucune garantie ou condition expresse. Vous pouvez bénéficier de droits des consommateurs supplémentaires ou de garanties statutaires dans le cadre du droit local, que ce contrat ne peut modifier. Lorsque cela est autorisé par le droit local, Microsoft et ses fournisseurs exclut les garanties implicites de qualité, d’adéquation à un usage particulier et d’absence de contrefaçon.
POUR L’AUSTRALIE – La loi australienne sur la consommation (Australian Consumer Law) vous accorde des garanties statutaires qu’aucun élément du présent accord ne peut affecter.
LIMITATION ET EXCLUSION DE RECOURS ET DE DOMMAGES. Vous pouvez obtenir de Microsoft et de ses fournisseurs une indemnisation en cas de dommages directs limitée uniquement à hauteur de 5,00 $ US. Vous ne pouvez prétendre à aucune indemnisation pour les autres dommages, y compris les dommages spéciaux, indirects ou accessoires et pertes de bénéfices.
Cette limitation concerne:
- toute affaire liée au logiciel, aux services ou au contenu (y compris le code) figurant sur des sites Internet tiers ou dans des programmes tiers et
- les réclamations au titre de violation de contrat ou de garantie, ou au titre de responsabilité stricte, de négligence ou d’une autre faute dans la limite autorisée par la loi en vigueur.
Elle s’applique également même si Microsoft connaissait l'éventualité d'un tel dommage. La limitation ou exclusion ci-dessus peut également ne pas vous être applicable, car votre pays n’autorise pas l’exclusion ou la limitation de responsabilité pour les dommages indirects, accessoires ou de quelque nature que ce soit.