Internet Explorer 11 desktop app support ending for certain versions of Windows 10
Please go here to search for your product's lifecycle.
Starting June 15, 2022, the Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) desktop application will go out of support on Windows 10 Semi-Annual Channels and Windows 10 IoT Semi-Annual Channels*.
Customers are encouraged to move to Microsoft Edge, which provides support for legacy and modern websites and apps. For organizations with a dependency on legacy Internet Explorer-based sites and apps, sites will need to be configured to open in Microsoft Edge using Internet Explorer (IE) mode.
See the following resources for more information:
- Internet Explorer 11 end of support and IE mode announcement
- IE mode website
- IE announcement technical FAQ
- Configure IE mode guided set up experience
- How to set up Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge on-demand webinar
- Microsoft Edge and IE Lifecycle FAQ
- Windows OS support dates
- Internet Explorer supported operating systems
- Microsoft Edge supported operating systems
* This retirement does not affect Windows 10 LTSC or Windows Server IE11 desktop applications. Go here for a list of supported operating systems for Internet Explorer, including versions impacted by this announcement.