Internet Explorer 11 desktop application ended support for certain operating systems
Please go here to search for your product's lifecycle.
Internet Explorer (IE) 11 is the last major version of Internet Explorer. On June 15, 2022, the Internet Explorer 11 desktop application is no longer be supported on certain versions of Windows 10*.
Customers are encouraged to move to Microsoft Edge, which provides support for legacy and modern websites and apps. For organizations with a dependency on legacy Internet Explorer-based sites and apps, sites will need to be configured to open in Microsoft Edge using Internet Explorer (IE) mode.
Internet Explorer mode in Microsoft Edge enables backward compatibility and will be supported through at least 2029. Additionally, Microsoft will provide notice one year prior to the retirement of IE mode. Go here for a list of Microsoft Edge supported operating systems.
See the following resources for more information:
- Internet Explorer 11 end of support and IE mode announcement
- IE mode website
- IE announcement technical FAQ
- Microsoft Edge and IE Lifecycle FAQ
- Windows OS support dates
- Internet Explorer supported operating systems
- Microsoft Edge supported operating systems
* Go here for a list of supported operating systems for Internet Explorer, including versions impacted by this announcement.