Migrating From Default Permission Scopes
Default scopes were sunset on September 15, 2019 unless an extension was communicated to you. Apps that relied on default scopes in their OAuth flow must now request scopes explicitly in their OAuth flow. If your app is using default scopes and you do not know which scopes are being requested, follow the steps below to identify them.
- Determine if your app is using default scopes by inspecting your code. If your call to request an authorization code includes a
scopeparameter explicitly requesting permissions, your app is not using default scopes and does not need to take any action. IMPORTANT: If your call does not include a
scopeparameter, proceed with the rest of the steps.
- Initiate OAuth flow from your app as a user.
- Proceed to the LinkedIn authentication screen describing what access is being requested.
- Map the access request descriptions to their corresponding scopes using the Scope to Consent Message Mapping table.
- Update your call in the Request Authorization Code step to explicitly request scopes as in the example below.
Scope to Consent Message Mapping
|r_ad_campaigns||View advertising campaigns you manage|
|r_ads||Retrieve your advertising accounts|
|r_ads_leadgen_automation||Access your Lead Gen Forms and retrieve leads|
|r_ads_reporting||Retrieve reporting for your advertising accounts|
|r_basicprofile||Use your basic profile including your name, photo, headline, and current positions|
|r_emailaddress||Use the primary email address associated with your LinkedIn account|
|r_liteprofile||Use your name, headline, and photo|
|r_member_social||Retrieve your posts, comments, likes, and other engagement data|
|r_organization_social||Retrieve your organizations' posts, including any comments, likes and other engagement data|
|rw_ad_campaigns||Manage your advertising campaigns|
|rw_ads||Manage your advertising accounts|
|rw_company_admin||For V1 callsManage your organization's page and post updates|
|rw_dmp_segments||Create and manage your matched audiences|
|rw_organization_admin||Manage your organizations' pages and retrieve reporting data|
|rw_organization||For V2 callsManage your organization's page and post updates|
|w_member_social||Post, comment and like posts on your behalf|
|w_organization_social||Post, comment and like posts on your organization's behalf|
|w_share||Post updates to LinkedIn as you|