Purchase SaaS apps on Microsoft AppSource
Microsoft AppSource contains thousands of business applications, including software as a service (SaaS) apps, and add-ons for Dynamics 365, Microsoft 365, Power BI, and Power Apps. AppSource includes free apps, trials, and paid subscriptions, and you can manage the charges, upgrades, downgrades, and cancellations in a single place using the Microsoft 365 admin center. This article explains how to purchase paid SaaS subscriptions in AppSource.
Purchasing a SaaS app requires the following:
A work or school account. If you don't have a work or school account, follow the link to "Sign up for a free account" during the purchase process.
A valid credit card in the country/region where you are purchasing the offer. Credit cards supported: Visa, Master Card, American Express, Discover, and Japan Commercial Bureau (JCB).
Not all cards are available in all countries. When you add a payment option, AppSource shows which cards are available in your region.
About plans for SaaS apps
Each SaaS offer has one or more plans, and the price of each plan is a recurring fee. Each plan has a pricing model associated with it: flat rate or per user. Here are the types of plans that are supported:
- Monthly plans: Recurring monthly fee; flat or per user monthly fee that is paid on a monthly recurrence. When the term ends, the plan renews automatically.
- Annual plans: Recurring annual fee; flat or per user annual fee that is paid on an annual recurrence. When the term ends, the plan renews automatically.
- Free trial: In some cases, the plan includes a trial period of one month, during which time you can use the software for free. When the trial period is over, you'll then be charged according to your plan.
Purchase a SaaS application
- To find the application you want to purchase, go to AppSource. Then in the top menu, select Apps.
- From the Product Details page, or from the Product tile of the app you want, select Get it now or Free Trial.
- If this is your first purchase in AppSource, you’ll be asked to select your billing country/region. Please note that this selection cannot be changed in the future. Select Next.
- If the offer has multiple plans, choose the plan you want. If the offer has only one plan, the plan is automatically selected. Select Next.
- Select the price and billing options. This may include the following:
- Billing term (Monthly/Yearly)
- Price + payment options, if applicable
- Recurring billing
- Set the number of users (seats), if relevant
- Select Next.
- The Payment section is the last step of your purchase. In this section you can update your billing information, as well as your payment instrument.
- Enter your sold-to address (if not provided earlier). This represents a personal or company name and address. You selected your billing country earlier, and therefore it cannot be changed.
- Enter your payment method (if not provided earlier). AppSource supports the credit cards that are available in your region.
- In some countries you may be asked to add your Tax ID. Enter your tax ID if your local jurisdiction requires you to do so.
- After you’ve confirmed all the details, select Place order.
If any errors occurred with your order, your order will not be placed, and you will not be charged. You will be provided an opportunity to correct any issues, and then select Place order again.
Configure the application
After your order is received, it can take up to a minute to get confirmed. You will receive a link to configure your SaaS subscription on the page, as well as an email confirming the purchase and the link to complete the configuration.
On the Order Confirmation page, select Configure. Alternatively, you can use the following:
- Configuration link sent to you in the confirmation email.
- Under My Account > My Orders, located on the upper right corner of AppSource, you will see all the products you purchased. Products that were not activated during the purchase can be activated from this site.
Complete provisioning and set up on the software provider's website.
This step is mandatory and you can complete it at a later time. If you do not complete this step, your product will not be activated, and you will not be able to use your SaaS subscription.
If you don’t complete the configuration process within 30 days, the SaaS subscription is automatically deleted.