Manage which Office features appear in What's New
When an important Office feature is released, users will get a message about it when they choose Help > What's New in their Office app on Windows.
You can control which of these feature messages your users are shown by using the What's new in Office feature in the Microsoft 365 admin center. If you decide to hide a feature message to your users, you can always come back later and decide to show it to them.
- Hiding a feature message from your users doesn't disable the feature in the Office app.
- You must be assigned either the Global admin role or the Office apps admin role to use the What's new in Office feature.
Show or hide new features
- In the Microsoft 365 admin center, under Settings, choose Org settings.
- On the Services tab, choose What's new in Office.
- When you click on the feature name, a fly-out panel appears with the following information:
- A short description of the feature.
- A link to an article to learn more about the feature.
- The Office applications that the feature appears in.
- The first version (release) that the feature is available in for that channel.
- Choose Hide from users. Or, if you previously hid the feature, choose Show to users.
You can also select multiple features on the Manage which Office features appear in What's New page, and then choose either Hide or Show.
- If a feature is available in multiple Office apps, setting the feature to Hidden hides the feature message in all of those Office apps.
- All feature messages are shown to users by default. This is the default status for all features, and the status only changes if you have chosen to hide or show a feature message.
- You can also get to the What's new in Office feature from the Microsoft 365 Apps admin center (https://config.office.com). The feature is found under Customization > What's New Management.
List of features
You can filter which features appear on the Manage which Office features appear in What's New page. You can filter by channel, application, or status, or by some combination of them.
New features appear on the page based on the following schedule:
||15th of the month
||1 - 3 weeks before the monthly release
||First of the month
||Two weeks before the major release that brings new features|
|Semi-Annual Enterprise (Preview)
||Sept 1 and March 1
||2 weeks before the major release that brings new features|
||Jan 1 and July 1
||2 weeks before the major release that brings new features
For more information about when new versions are released to each update channel, see Update history for Microsoft 365 Apps (listed by date).
Add the "What's new in Office" card to the admin center home page
- On the Microsoft 365 admin page, choose Add card on top of the page
- Locate Manage which Office features appear in What's New in the list and choose it.
- Once the card is on your home page, you can choose What's new in Office to show or hide the features for your organization.