Overview of Business Voice
Microsoft 365 Business Voice provides and end-to-end cloud-based phone system for your business and its employees.
What is Business Voice
Microsoft 365 Business Voice makes it easy for small and medium organizations to turn Microsoft Teams into a powerful and flexible telephone system. It's a replacement for traditional telephony providers and in-house phone systems that can be difficult and costly to manage. You can set up both toll and toll-free numbers, call menus to help callers get to the right department, audio conferencing so you can host meetings with anyone, and more. You can even give people their own phone numbers so they can get calls directly.
Business Voice does all of this by wrapping Microsoft 365 Phone System features into an easy-to-manage bundle. You don't need to worry about choosing the right plan or feature; they're all there and set up for you. Because Phone System is a part of Teams, you can turn any PC, Mac, or mobile device into a phone that can use your Business Voice phone number.
Business Voice goes everywhere you go because it is part of Microsoft Teams. So if you have the Teams app on your phone, tablet, or computer - you can make and receive calls with that device as if it were a physical phone in the office.
How to set up
- Purchase the Microsoft 365 Business Voice add-on to an existing Microsoft 365 subscription.
- Make sure to get a license for every employee who needs a business phone number to make and receive calls with people outside your business.
- When you set up Business Voice, you'll receive new phone numbers for your business and employees. You need to do this even if you plan to import your existing business numbers later.
- If you want toll-free numbers or the ability to call any number internationally, then purchase communication credits for your business, which provides calling minutes beyond what is included with Business Voice.
- Create a greeting for your customers by uploading a recording or by typing a message and we'll convert the text into speech for you.
- Then create a call routing menu from your main business number that directs customers to the right person or department by voice or the keys on their phone. You can schedule a different greeting and menu for holidays or after hours.
- Finally, transfer your existing phone numbers to Microsoft Teams.
- When the numbers become available on Teams, assign them to your employees and your main business number. Now you're ready to use your new business phone with the Teams app on any computers, phone, or tablet.
How to use
To make a phone call, open the Teams app on your computer, tablet or phone and choose Calls. You'll see your assigned phone number and the dial pad that you can use to call any number. Or select any of your contacts from Outlook or your phone and call them directly.
You a call comes in, you'll be prompted to accept or ignore the call, similar to the experience on any normal phone. If needed, forward calls or ring multiple devices to ensure you don't miss any important calls from your customers.