Import email to Microsoft 365 for business
After signing up for Microsoft 365, you might still have email going to an old account; for example, if you used a Gmail or Outlook account for work. You can continue to use both the new and old accounts, or you can import the data from the old account into your new one.
Step 1: Export your old email.
In Outlook, select File, Open and Export, and then Import/Export.
Select Export to a file , and then select Next.
Select Outlook data file , and then select Next.
Select your old email account.
Verify that you are including sub-folders. Then select Next.
Select Browse, and go to an easy to remember location, such as your desktop. Select OK, and then Finish.
Leave the password fields blank, and then choose OK.
Your old email account has been exported.
Step 2: Import your old email into your new email account
- In Outlook, select File, Open, Export, and then Import/Export.
- Select Import from another program or file , and then select Next.
- Select Outlook data file , and then select Next.
- Select Browse, and go to the file you just exported. Select it, and then select Open, and then Next.
- Verify that you are including sub-folders and that you're importing items into the same folder in your new email account. Choose Finish.