Manage Safe Links
Microsoft Defender for Office 365 , formerly called Microsoft 365 ATP, or Advanced Threat Protection, helps protect your business against malicious sites when people click links in Office apps.
- Go to the admin center, and select Setup.
- Scroll down to Increase protection from advanced threats. Select View, Manage,and then ATP Safe Links.
- Under Policies that apply to the entire organization, choose the Default policy, and then select the Edit icon.
- Enter a URL that you want to block.
- Select Use safe links in Office apps, Office for iOS and Android; select Do not track when users click safe links; and select Do not let users click through safe links to original URL. These might already be selected if you set up the default policy. Select Save.
- Under Policies that apply to specific recipients, choose Recommended safe links rule, and then select the Edit icon.
- Select settings, scroll down, enter the URL that you do not want to be checked, and then select the Add icon.
- Select applied to, and then select your domain name. Select any additional domains that you want the rule applied to. Select add, OK, and then Save.
ATP Safe Links are now configured. Allow up to 30 minutes for your changes to take effect.
When a user receives an email with links, the links will be scanned. If the links are deemed safe, they'll be clickable. However, if the link is on the blocked list, users will see a message that it's been blocked.