Multi-factor authentication (MFA) requires users to sign in with a second method to verify their identity with a phone call or with an authenticator app.
Set up MFA in the Microsoft 365 admin center
- Sign in to Microsoft 365 admin center by using your global admin credentials.
- On the left nav, choose Setup.
- On the Setup page, choose View on the Turn on multi-factor authentication (MFA) card.
- On the Turn on MFA page, choose Get started, or Manage if you have already set up MFA and want to make changes.
- On the Strengthen sign-in security panel, check both or one of Require multi-factor authentication for admins, and then choose Create policy.