Buy or manage add-ons
Many Microsoft 365 for business plans have add-ons that you can buy for your subscriptions. Add-ons provide more features to enhance your subscription experience.
There are two types of add-ons:
- Traditional add-ons are linked to a specific subscription. If you cancel the subscription, the associated add-on is also canceled.
- Standalone add-on subscriptions appear as a separate subscription on the Your products page and have their own expiration date. Unlike traditional add-ons, standalone add-on subscriptions aren’t linked to a specific subscription. You manage a standalone add-on subscription the same way that you manage any other subscription.
Before you begin
You must be a Global or Billing admin to do the steps described in this article. For more information, see About admin roles.
Buy an add-on
Use the following steps to find and buy add-ons. The list only includes add-ons that are available to you. This list is based on your currently active subscriptions, and any other existing add-ons you already have. If an add-on isn’t on the list, it’s not available to buy.
For information about Skype for Business add-ons, see Skype for Business and Microsoft Teams add-on licensing.
- In the admin center, go to the Billing > Purchase services page.
- At the bottom of the Purchase services page, in the Add-ons section, find the add-on that you want to buy, and select Details.
- On the product details page, select Next.
- If needed, complete any other order information. This information might include selecting the subscription the add-on is for. When you’re finished, select Check out now.
- If needed, review the order and pricing information, then select Next.
- Choose a payment method, or add a new one, then select Place order > Go to Admin Home.
Manage an add-on
You manage a standalone add-on subscription the same way that you manage any other subscription – on the Your products page. For example, you can buy or remove licenses, manage recurring billing, and edit or replace payment methods for standalone add-on subscriptions.
You manage a traditional add-on by going to the subscription that contains it and making changes there. Use the following steps to manage a traditional add-on.
- In the admin center, go to the Billing > Your products page.
- On the Products tab, select the subscription that contains the add-on that you want to update.
- On the subscription details page, the Add-ons section lists the add-ons that you bought. Select Manage add-ons.
- In the Manage add-ons pane, from the Add-on drop-down list, select the add-on that you want to change.
- Enter a quantity change for the add-on, then select Save.
Remove an add-on
You can’t remove a traditional add-on. If you want to remove a traditional add-on, contact support for help.