Create Your Office 365 Tenant
- Navigate to the Office 365 Education Plans page.
- Click the green Get Started for Free button.
- Click Create a New Account.
- Enter all Info requested in the wizard. a. Country or Region b. First name c. School email address d. School phone number e. School name f. School size
See Reference Document.
- Click Next.
- Create your Global Admin account. Enter all requested information. a. Username b. Domain name c. Password
- Record the username and password for your Admin account, and then click Create my account.
- Enter our phone number for an access code and verify you’re not a robot.
- Click You’re ready to go.
- Click I’ll verify later.
- Click Yes on the confirmation prompt.
- You’re Office 365 EDU tenant is now created!!
Once you’ve created your tenant, add each of the domains for your organization. To do this, follow these instructions for each domain you want to add.
Recommendation – Add a small number of domains, if possible. For education, enabling a single domain for teachers and a single domain for students works well. Each domain added is intended to be associated to the UserPrincipalName and Email Address of the users in your directory. If you have domains from on premise Active Directory that are not being used, there is no need to add them to your Office 365 tenant.