Deploy Microsoft 365 Enterprise
Microsoft 365 Enterprise is a combination of Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS), and Windows 10 Enterprise that:
- Has intelligent security.
- Is integrated for simplicity.
- Unlocks creativity.
- Is built for teamwork.
These benefits are not realized just by obtaining the licenses for the three products, but by deploying them and their features in a specific way that includes integration and state-of-the-art security.
There are two main ways to deploy Microsoft 365 Enterprise:
- Do it with Microsoft engineers using FastTrack for Microsoft 365
- Do it yourself with the Microsoft 365 Enterprise deployment guide
FastTrack for Microsoft 365
FastTrack is an ongoing and repeatable benefit—available as part of your subscription—that is delivered by Microsoft engineers to help you move to the cloud at your own pace. FastTrack also gives you access to qualified partners for additional services. With over 40,000 customers enabled to date, FastTrack helps maximize ROI, accelerate deployment, and increase adoption across your organization. See FastTrack for Microsoft 365.
If you want to take advantage of FastTrack to deploy Microsoft 365 Enterprise, you can use the FastTrack Microsoft 365 deployment advisor for guidance on how to deploy and set up your foundation infrastructure. Note that you must be signed on as a global administrator in an Office 365 or Microsoft 365 tenant in order to access this page.
Get started on your end-to-end deployment journey with FastTrack here.
Microsoft 365 Enterprise deployment guide
The Microsoft 365 Enterprise Deployment Guide steps you through the end-to-end deployment so that when you're done, you have the correct and required configuration of Microsoft 365 Enterprise products and features.
To deploy Microsoft 365 Enterprise yourself:
- First, deploy the required foundation infrastructure for built-in security and integration for simplified management, which makes it easier to ensure your client software is updated with the latest productivity and security enhancements.
- Next, deploy key productivity workloads and scenarios on top of the foundation infrastructure. These unlock creativity and teamwork in your organization.
Here's the relationship between the foundation infrastructure and the workloads and scenarios and your path through the content.
Get self-started on your end-to-end deployment journey here.
Take a test drive
“For the things we have to learn before we can do them, we learn by doing them.” - Aristotle
If you're new to Microsoft 365 Enterprise or to a specific product or feature, one of the best ways to gain understanding is to build it out yourself and see it working.
We've made this easier with Test Lab Guides (TLGs), which step you through the configuration of infrastructure or a feature in a simplified but representative environment using trial or paid subscriptions.
With TLGs, you can self-learn, demonstrate, customize, or build a proof of concept of a complex configuration, workload, or end-to-end scenario.
For more information, see Microsoft 365 Enterprise Test Lab Guides.
How did others do it?
Use these resources to understand how others have deployed and are using Microsoft 365 Enterprise.
How customers use Microsoft 365 Enterprise
Here's how our customers are using Microsoft 365 Enterprise as their complete, intelligent solution that empowers everyone to be creative and work together securely:
- Energy services
- Financial services
- Health services
- Lilly envisions a workplace where internal and external collaboration help enable innovation and accelerate time-to-market for new medicines
- Healthcare technology innovator accelerates diabetes prevention in the cloud
- Adventist Health System is enhancing healthcare delivery using Microsoft 365
- Abrona accelerates GDPR compliance and increases productivity with Microsoft 365
- Centra embraces transformation, improves patient care with Microsoft 365 intelligent business tools
- Advocate Aurora Health helps patients live well using Microsoft care coordination solution to enhance collaboration
- Steel company eliminates hardware costs, streamlines IT, and gains mobile productivity in the cloud
- Embroidery equipment supplier empowers its business with cloud-based services, spreads word to other small businesses
- Father and son business shows the world what employees with disabilities can achieve
- Coconut company gains improved mobility, better metrics, and increased productivity by modernizing collaboration tools
- Thriving Japanese innovator finds future-proof flexibility and enhanced security with Microsoft 365 Business
- Professional services
- Qantas empowers employees to do their best work with Microsoft 365, enhancing customer experience
- Amtrak keeps its mobile enterprise running ahead of schedule with Microsoft 365
- Amtrak is all aboard with workplace modernization, saving labor costs and improving portfolio transparency using Microsoft 365
How Microsoft uses Microsoft 365 Enterprise
Take a peek inside Microsoft IT and learn how they deployed Microsoft 365 Enterprise and how Microsoft employees use it every day.
- Managing user identities and secure access at Microsoft
- Using Azure AD Privileged Identity Management for elevated access
Windows 10 Enterprise
- Preparing your organization for a seamless Windows 10 deployment
- Adopting Windows as a service at Microsoft
- Deploying Windows 10 at Microsoft as an in-place upgrade
- Implementing strong user authentication with Windows Hello for Business
- Windows 10 deployment: tips and tricks from Microsoft IT (video)
- Windows Defender ATP helps detect sophisticated threats
- Securing the modern enterprise with Windows Defender and Windows Defender ATP (video)
Office 365 ProPlus
- Deploying and updating Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus
- Automation and update channels help deploy Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (video)
Mobility and device management
- Managing modern mobile productivity with Enterprise Mobility + Security
- Connecting to work on your Windows 10 device with Microsoft Intune
- Enabling mobile productivity for iOS, OS X, and Android devices at Microsoft
Security and information protection
- Protecting files in the cloud with Azure Information Protection
- Microsoft uses threat intelligence to protect, detect, and respond to threats
- Microsoft thwarts phishing attempts with Office 365
- Deploying Microsoft Teams streamlines collaboration and improves teamwork
- Microsoft Teams increases collaboration in the modern workplace at Microsoft
- Microsoft migrates 150,000 mailboxes to Exchange Online
- SharePoint to the cloud: Learn how Microsoft ran its own migration
How the Contoso Corporation deployed Microsoft 365 Enterprise
The Contoso Corporation is a fictional but representative global manufacturing conglomerate with its headquarters in Paris, France. See how Contoso deployed Microsoft 365 Enterprise and addressed major design decisions and implementation details for networking, identity, Windows 10 Enterprise, Office 365 ProPlus, mobile device management, information protection, and security.
Additional Microsoft 365 solutions
Bring together the best-in-class productivity and collaboration capabilities of Office 365 with device management and security solutions to safeguard business data for small and midsize businesses (SMB).
Empower educators to unlock creativity, promote teamwork, and provide a simple and safe experience in a single, affordable solution built for education.
To do it with direct Microsoft assistance, use FastTrack.
To do it yourself, see the foundation infrastructure.