Deploy Microsoft Teams for Microsoft 365 Enterprise
This workload is included in both the E3 and E5 versions of Microsoft 365 Enterprise
Microsoft Teams brings together chat, conferencing, document sharing, and threaded conversations in a way that makes it easy to create and share content across groups. Teams is the way you do teamwork and collaboration for Microsoft 365 Enterprise and is a key element of the Built for Teamwork value of Microsoft 365.
If you're brand new to Teams, see Welcome to Microsoft Teams.
Roll out Teams to your organization
Before you begin:
- Make sure you've configured the right foundation infrastructure phases so that your teams have the user accounts and security capabilities you need. The Identity and Information Protection phases are the most important for signing on and using securing email and files with retention and sensitivity labels.
- Learn about security and compliance in Teams with this article.
- Learn about licensing for Teams with this article.
To roll out Teams in your organization, read How to roll out Teams.
For your first set of Teams capabilities, see Chat, teams, channels, and apps in Microsoft Teams.
For more advanced Teams capabilities, see:
To monitor your organization's usage of Teams, see:
Upgrade to Teams
If it hasn’t happened already, you will soon upgrade from Skype for Business to Microsoft Teams. Whether you’re just getting started with Teams, already using Teams alongside Skype for Business, or ready to upgrade, we want to ensure you have everything you need to navigate a successful journey to Teams.
Whether you are upgrading from Skype for Business Online to Teams or from a Skype for Business on-premises environment to Teams, the upgrade framework will guide you through the process based on your business scenario.
See the Getting started with your Microsoft Teams upgrade for more information.
How Microsoft does Microsoft 365 Enterprise
To peek inside Microsoft and learn how we deployed and are using Teams for collaboration, see:
- Microsoft Teams adoption strategy prepares employees for a new culture of work
- With Microsoft Teams Rooms, comes a globally scalable modern meeting experience