Collaborate effectively with freelancers
The nature of enterprise freelance projects requires team members to work together on multiple files, manage varied tasks, and communicate across time zones, all while ensuring freelancers will not have wholesale access to the enterprise environment.
To keep cross-functional, multi-geographical teams moving in the same direction, while maintaining project specific access, the Microsoft 365 freelance toolkit provides guidance around using Microsoft Teams as a powerful hub for teamwork that brings together chat, meetings, calling, files, and apps into one shared workspace.
Team-wide collaboration with Microsoft 365
The Microsoft 365 freelance toolkit uses your existing investments in Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Planner to help you streamline collaboration between full time employees and cross-functional, multi-geographical freelance teams.
With Teams and Planner, enterprises can manage their freelance collaboration needs, specifically:
- Communication. Public and private teams for members to engage in discussion.
- Task management. One place to track project progress and align each team member's assignments.
- File storage. One place to store shared files and retrieve them through intelligent search.
- Guest Access. With Microsoft Teams free, freelancers can join and exit your team as needed, with no cost or commitment. Employees can provide freelancers with external guest access to their teams, giving everyone a single place to collaborate on tasks.
You can quickly start by setting up a freelancer-friendly team using your existing Teams deployment.
|Set up Teams for freelance collaboration Use Teams to create a hub for project-specific communications, file sharing, and status tracking.|
Learn from the Microsoft experience
Read about how a training manager at Microsoft managed four full-time employees and engaged a continuous flow of freelancers. Microsoft Teams and Microsoft Planner enabled her team to exceed their production goals. Learn how she did this and how your organization can do this with our best practices.
|Best practices for collaboration Learn what's worked for us with these tips on streamlining collaboration between employees and freelancers.|
- Set up Teams for freelance collaboration
- Collaboration best practices
- Microsoft 365 freelance toolkit
Questions and feedback
Want to discuss your freelance program? Need help getting set up? Contact us
Let us know what you think about this toolkit. Provide feedback