Install Intune Company Portal on on devices
Microsoft Managed Desktop requires that IT administrators install Intune Company Portal for their users with Microsoft Managed Desktop devices. Here are some benefits for your organization:
- Users have one place to browse and install available applications.
- IT administrators can organize applications by categories for their users.
- Some applications (like Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio) require Company Portal to deploy with Microsoft Managed Desktop.
- IT administrators can customize Company Portal for their organization. This includes brand imaging, adding in local support contacts, and more. For more information, see How to Configure the Microsoft Intune Company Portal app.
This topic documents the process for deploying the Intune Company Portal to your Microsoft Managed Desktop users. The overall process looks like this:
- Purchase Company Portal from Microsoft Store for Business and sync with Intune
- Assign Company Portal to your users
- Communicate change to your users
Step 1 - Purchase Company Portal from Microsoft Store for Business and sync with Intune
For info on how to purchase the apps and sync with Intune, see Microsoft Store for Business apps in Deploy apps to Microsoft Managed Desktop devices.
This topic provides info on how to:
- Purchase Company Portal from Microsoft Store for Business
- Force sync between Intune and Microsoft Store for Business
- Verify active sync between Intune and Microsoft Store for Business
Step 2 - Assign Company Portal to your users
Submit a support request to Microsoft Managed Desktop Operations through the Microsoft Managed Desktop Admin portal. In the support request, request that Company Portal be assigned to your users. Microsoft Managed Desktop will deploy Company Portal to your tenant and install the app on Microsoft Managed Desktop devices in your organization.
For more information on submitting support requests with Microsoft Managed Desktop, see Admin support for Microsoft Managed Desktop.
Step 3 - Communicate change to your users
As the IT administrator for your organization, it’s important to let your users know how to use Company Portal in your organization. Microsoft Managed Desktop recommends:
- Steps on installing applications from the Company Portal. For more information, see Install and share apps on your device.
- How to send requests to IT administrators for applications that are not currently available. For more information, see Request an app for work or school.