Deploy and enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2
- Microsoft Defender Antivirus
Depending on the management tool you are using, you may need to specifically enable or configure Microsoft Defender Antivirus protection.
See the table in Deploy, manage, and report on Microsoft Defender Antivirus for instructions on how to enable protection with Microsoft Intune, Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager, Group Policy, Active Directory, Microsoft Azure, PowerShell cmdlets, and Windows Management Instruction (WMI).
Some scenarios require more guidance on how to successfully deploy or configure Microsoft Defender Antivirus protection, such as Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments.
The remaining article in this section provides end-to-end advice and best practices for setting up Microsoft Defender Antivirus on virtual machines (VMs) in a VDI or Remote Desktop Services (RDS) environment.
- Microsoft Defender Antivirus in Windows 10
- Deploy, manage updates, and report on Microsoft Defender Antivirus
- Deployment guide for Microsoft Defender Antivirus in a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) environment
If you're looking for Antivirus related information for other platforms, see:
- Set preferences for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on macOS
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on Mac
- macOS Antivirus policy settings for Microsoft Defender Antivirus for Intune
- Set preferences for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on Linux
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on Linux
- Configure Defender for Endpoint on Android features
- Configure Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on iOS features
Submit and view feedback for