Use Microsoft Endpoint Manager to configure and manage Microsoft Defender Antivirus
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 1
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint Plan 2
- Microsoft Defender Antivirus
Configure Microsoft Defender Antivirus scans in Endpoint Manager
Go to the Microsoft Endpoint Manager admin center (https://endpoint.microsoft.com), and sign in.
Navigate to Endpoint Security.
Under Manage, choose Antivirus.
Select your Microsoft Defender Antivirus policy.
Under Manage, choose Properties.
Next to Configuration settings, choose Edit.
AllowOnAccessProtection and AllowIntrusionPreventionSystem antivirus settings are officially being deprecated and as such cannot be configured.
Expand the Scan section, and review or edit your scanning settings.
Choose Review + save.
Need help? See Manage endpoint security in Microsoft Intune.
If you're looking for Antivirus related information for other platforms, see:
- Set preferences for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on macOS
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on Mac
- macOS Antivirus policy settings for Microsoft Defender Antivirus for Intune
- Set preferences for Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on Linux
- Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on Linux
- Configure Defender for Endpoint on Android features
- Configure Microsoft Defender for Endpoint on iOS features
Submit and view feedback for