Get started debugging WebView2 apps
The goal of the Microsoft Edge WebView2 control is to combine the best of both the web and native app development features and tools. When you develop your WebView2 app, you should debug your app. This article outlines the different tools to use to debug both your web and native code in your WebView2 app.
Use Microsoft Edge (Chromium) Developer Tools to debug web content displayed in WebView2 controls, in the same way that you may debug for another webpage displayed in Microsoft Edge. To open the DevTools, set focus on the WebView control and then use one of the following actions.
- Open the context menu (right-click) and choose
For more information, navigate to DevTools overview.
- To get started using WebView2, navigate to WebView2 Get Started Guides.
- For a comprehensive example of WebView2 capabilities, navigate to the WebView2Samples repo on GitHub.
- For more detailed information about WebView2 APIs, navigate to API reference.
- For more information about WebView2, navigate to WebView2 Resources.
Getting in touch with the Microsoft Edge WebView team
Share your feedback to help build richer WebView2 experiences. To submit feature requests or bugs, or search for known issues, navigate to the Microsoft Edge WebView feedback repo.