Manage phone numbers for Calling Plan
There are four ways to get user (subscriber) and service (toll and toll-free) phone numbers for Calling Plan:
- Getting new user phone numbers in the Microsoft Teams admin center.
- Getting new service phone numbers in the Microsoft Teams Admin Center.
- Transfer or Port your existing phone numbers with us.
- Use a request form for new phone numbers that aren't listed in the Microsoft Teams admin center.
If you know what kind of forms you are looking for, use the drop-down to select the country/region where you're getting numbers.
Select your country or region to find the downloadable PDF LOA forms you will need
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
- United States & Puerto Rico
Number request forms
The following sections describe request forms for new numbers and for transferring existing numbers.
Request forms for new phone numbers
Each country or region has different instructions, different types of phone numbers (geographic/non-geographic and service (toll/toll-free)) and rules/regulations for getting phone numbers so they can be used in Microsoft Teams.
Sometimes (depending on your country or region) you won't be able to get new user (subscriber) or service (toll or toll-free) phone numbers using the Microsoft Teams admin center or you might need specific phone numbers (vanity requests) or specific area codes.
If so, you will need to download the correct PDF LOA form (per country or region and type of phone numbers) and send it back to us. Our service desk will take it from there and start processing your request.
Letters of Authorization (LOAs) to transfer/port existing phone numbers
If you need to transfer/port your existing phone numbers from another service provider to Teams, you will need to download, fill, and send us a Letter of Authorization (LOA). The LOA gives Microsoft permission to request and transfer, on your behalf, those existing numbers from a different service provider into Teams.
Please send us an LOA if you currently have the following with another carrier:
- User (subscriber) numbers.
- Service (toll) numbers for audio conferencing bridges, auto attendants, or call queues.
- Toll-Free phone numbers.
- More than 999 user phone numbers that you need to transfer/port but can't get in the Microsoft Teams admin center using the local number porting wizard.
Once you have your filled and signed LOA, please contact our TNS Service Desk so we can assist you.
Still need assistance?
If you need assistance, please contact the TNS Service Desk.
- To see if and which calling plans are available in your country or region, read Countries and region availability for Audio Conferencing and Calling Plans
- To assist you in choosing the correct type of phone numbers, read Different kinds of phone numbers used for Calling Plans.
- To get assistance with setting up phone numbers for your organization, read: Support Contact for Business Products - Admin Help.