Teams integration with Microsoft Power Platform
Microsoft Power Platform helps users accelerate their development with low-code tools to analyze data using Power BI, build custom apps using Power Apps, automate processes using Power Automate, and create intelligent bots using Power Virtual Agents more quickly than ever. With the shift to remote and hybrid work, Microsoft Teams has enabled people around the world to continue to create, collaborate, and communicate. With more than 75 million daily active users, Teams is how people are getting work done.
Microsoft Power Platform provides many integration capabilities with Teams where you can embed Power BI reports in the Teams workspace, embed apps created using Power Apps as a tab or personal app, trigger a Power Automate flow from any message or use adaptive cards, and add your bot created using Power Virtual Agents to Teams for other members of your organization to interact with.
Starting September 2020, integration with Microsoft Power Platform has improved to let users do the following without ever leaving the Teams interface:
- Create and share dashboards, reports, and apps using Power BI to make data-driven decisions.
- Create and share low-code, purpose-built apps using an integrated Power Apps studio by connecting to your business data stored either in the new underlying data platform (Microsoft Dataverse for Teams), Microsoft 365, or in other data sources through connectors.
- Create automated workflows between your apps and services to synchronize files, get notifications, collect data, and more using Power Automate.
- Build bots using a guided, no-code graphical interface using Power Virtual Agents to easily create digital assistants within Teams and make them available to your colleagues to chat with.
The new capabilities to create apps, bots, and workflows are backed by the new built-in, low-code data platform for Teams, Dataverse for Teams, which provides relational data storage, rich data types, enterprise grade governance, and one-click solution deployment. Dataverse for Teams is built on top of Microsoft Dataverse. With Dataverse for Teams, Teams users can find and install custom, ready-to-use solutions from the Teams app store that showcase common scenarios across industries. You can customize and extend these custom solutions to adapt to your organization's branding and requirements.
The new capabilities are available to the select Microsoft 365 subscriptions.
- For more information about licensing requirements for Power Apps, Power Automate, Power Virtual Agents, and Dataverse for Teams, see Licensing.
- For more information about licensing requirements for Power BI, see Requirements.