The DotNet command-line interface, which runs on Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux, provides a number of essential nuget.exe commands as listed below. Where dotnet provides the desired commands, it is not necessary to download nuget.exe.
- dotnet pack: Packs the code into a NuGet package. As of NuGet 4.0, this runs the same code as
- dotnet restore: Restores the dependencies and tools of a project. As of NuGet 4.0, this runs the same code as
- dotnet nuget locals: Clears or lists local NuGet resources such as http the -request cache, temporary cache, or machine-wide global packages folder.
- dotnet nuget push: Pushes a package to a server and publishes it, applicable to nuget.org, Visual Studio Team Services, or any third-party NuGet servers.
- dotnet nuget delete: Deletes or unlists a package from a server, applicable to nuget.org, Visual Studio Team Services, or any third-party NuGet servers.