Project Add-ins documentation
Learn about Office Add-ins
All Office Add-ins are built upon the Office Add-ins platform and share a common framework through which certain capabilities can be implemented. Explore the following articles for information that's relevant to building any type of Office Add-in.
Office Add-ins concepts
Learn fundamental concepts about Office Add-ins.
- Office Add-ins platform overview
- Requirements for running Office Add-ins
- Office versions and requirement sets
- Host and platform availability
- Office Add-in manifest
- UI elements for Office Add-ins
- Browsers used by Office Add-ins
- Resource limits and performance
- Privacy and security
- Design principles
- Explore all Office Add-in concepts
Office Add-ins development
Explore key aspects of Office Add-ins development.
- Specify Office hosts and API requirements
- Common API reference
- Office Add-in manifest reference
- Authentication and authorization (SSO)
- Create add-in commands
- Automatically open a task pane
- Use the Dialog API
- Get started with Fabric React
- Explore all Office Add-in development topics
Note: See the Office Add-ins guidance section of this documentation for the full set of articles that apply to all types of Office Add-ins.