Outlook add-in API requirement set 1.6
This documentation is for a requirement set other than the latest requirement set.
What's new in 1.6?
Requirement set 1.6 includes all of the features of Requirement set 1.5. It added the following features.
- Added new APIs for contextual add-ins to get the entity or RegEx match that the user selected to activate the add-in.
- Added a new API to open a new message form.
- Added the ability for the add-in to determine the account type of the user's mailbox.
- Added Office.context.mailbox.item.getSelectedEntities: Adds a new function that gets the entities found in a highlighted match a user has selected. Highlighted matches apply to contextual add-ins.
- Added Office.context.mailbox.item.getSelectedRegExMatches: Adds a new function that returns string values in a highlighted match that match the regular expressions defined in the manifest XML file. Highlighted matches apply to contextual add-ins.
- Added Office.context.mailbox.displayNewMessageForm: Adds a new function that opens a new message form.
- Added Office.context.mailbox.userProfile.accountType: Adds a new member to the user profile that indicates the type of the user's account.