Welcome to the Open XML SDK 2.5 for Office
This content set provides documentation and guidance for the strongly-typed classes in the Open XML SDK 2.5 for Office.
The SDK is built on the System.IO.Packaging API and provides strongly-typed classes to manipulate documents that adhere to the Office Open XML File Formats specification. The Office Open XML File Formats specification is an open, international, ECMA-376, Second Edition and ISO/IEC 29500 standard. The Open XML file formats are useful for developers because they are an open standard and are based on well-known technologies: ZIP and XML.
The Open XML SDK 2.5 simplifies the task of manipulating Open XML packages and the underlying Open XML schema elements within a package. The Open XML SDK 2.5 encapsulates many common tasks that developers perform on Open XML packages, so that you can perform complex operations with just a few lines of code.
Portions of ISO/IEC 29500:20081 are referenced in the SDK.
In this section
- Getting started with the Open XML SDK 2.5 for Office
- Understanding the Open XML file formats
- How do I... (Open XML SDK)
- Open XML SDK 2.5 class library reference
- Open XML SDK 2.5 for Microsoft Office
- Microsoft Office Developer Center
- Samples on GitHub
- Open XML SDK copyright notice
- Accessibility features in the Microsoft Office System
- Document conventions in Office Developer documentation
1© ISO/IEC2900:2008. This material is reproduced from ISO/IEC 29500:2008 with permission of the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) on behalf of ISO.