A user or an administrator forgot his or her password in Office 365, Azure, or Intune
Office 365 ProPlus is being renamed to Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise. For more information about this change, read this blog post.
A user or admin forgot his or her password and can't sign in to Office 365, Microsoft Azure, or Microsoft Intune.
To fix this issue, do one of the following:
Try to reset your own password by using the Self-Service Password Reset wizard:
- If you're using a work or school account, go to https://passwordreset.microsoftonline.com.
- If you're using a Microsoft account, go to https://account.live.com/ResetPassword.aspx.
If the admin turned on the capability to let you to reset your own password, you will be able to reset your own password. Otherwise, the password reset form gives you the option to contact your admin.
If you're an admin and you want to enable password reset for your users, see Quickstart: Self-service password reset.
If you're an admin, you can try to reset your own password if you had already set up an alternate email address and a mobile phone number.
- For more info about how to reset the password for your company admin account in Azure or Intune, see Quickstart: Self-service password reset.
If you're an admin and your company has more than one admin, ask another admin to reset your password.
- You can use the Self-Service Password Reset wizard to contact Support when self-service password reset fails. You may need to wait a few seconds before the link to contact Support appears.
- When you submit your request to Support, include your name, telephone number and email address so that Support knows how to contact you.
For more info about how to reset a user's password, see Reset a user's password.