Add multiple users to a customer account
- Partner Center
You can add multiple users to a customer's account all at once, by uploading a data file in the comma-separated value file format (.csv) to the Partner Center. You can download a sample data file from the Partner Center and then edit it for your use, or you can create a new data file using the data model defined below.
To add multiple users to a customer’s account using the bulk upload process, you’ll need to meet the following requirements:
- You must have global administrator permissions to the customer account;
- Each user must have a unique email address, appended to the customer's email domain(s);
- You can upload up to 100 records at a time. If you need to add more than 100 users, create and upload additional data files.
- All users must be in the same geographic Location.
- Enter only the data described below. Extraneous data will cause the upload to fail.
Enter the following data in the data file:
|First name||User’s first name (optional field)||50-character limit|
|Last name||User's last name (optional field)||50-character limit|
|Display name||Name displayed in the Partner Center (required field)||50-character limit|
|User’s business email address at customer company (required field)||Each user must have a unique email address|
|Status update||Used to indicate whether or not the new user record was successfully created||**Leave empty**|
Create a comma-separated value (.csv) data file with the data described above. Save the file so you can browse to it in a later step.
From the Partner Center menu, select Customers, then choose a customer from the list.
Select Upload users.
Under Upload user info, select Browse.
In the file selector, select your data file and then select Open.
Note Most account creation errors are caused by data file issues, including missing information, malformed or duplicated email addresses, or too many records in the file.
After the Partner Center validates the file, select the geographic Location for the new users.
Download the temporary password information for the users.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to download the file with the temporary passwords now as you won't be able to do this later. New users must log in to their new account using the temporary password for their new accounts.
- New users are automatically assigned permissions of Can use licenses and services .