Sell Microsoft Azure Reserved Instances
- Partner Dashboard
- Microsoft Azure portal
- Partners in CSP
Partners in the Cloud Solution Provider program (CSP) can offer their customers reserved instances of Microsoft Azure. Customers can gain significant savings when they reserve in advance. Azure Reserved Instances offer customers simplicity and flexibility in the following ways:
- One or three-year reservation terms
- Easy to get started; setup completed in seconds
- Cancel or exchange reserved instances at any time for adjusted refund
- Manage reserved instances usage at the organizational or individual department level
Azure Reserved Instances are not available in the following markets:
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- South Korea
The availability of Azure Reserved Instances will appeal to your customers in the following ways:
- Reserved instances can offer significant savings over pay-as-you-go (PAYG) pricing
- Better budgeting and forecasting with upfront payment for one-year or three-year terms
- Prioritized computing capacity in the Azure region closest to their offices
- Azure reservations provide the foundation for end to end infrastructure solutions when combined with software like Microsoft Windows Server and Azure SQL Database.
Before you begin
Before you buy Azure reservations on behalf of your customers, be sure to review the information below. A few things to know at this time…
- Customers must already have an active Azure subscription before you can purchase reservations on their behalf
- Software costs are not included in Azure reservation prices
- Sales and help desk agents need explicit access to the Azure subscription so they can buy or manage it in the Azure portal and file support requests, including for exchanges and refunds, on behalf of the customer
- If you’re an indirect provider and you buy Azure reservations through the Azure portal, the Partner on Record (indirect reseller) is inherited from the Azure CSP subscription you select.
- The Partner on Record for Azure reservations cannot be changed post-purchase. You can cancel the existing reservation and purchase a new one with the new Partner on Record.
- If a customer wants to transfer an Azure subscription from Direct or EA to CSP, reservations do not get transferred.
You can buy, sell, and manage Azure reservations in both the Partner dashboard and the Azure portal, and using the Partner Center API. Follow the links below to learn how.
Azure reservations resources
|For information about||Read this|
|Purchasing Azure reservations for your customers in your Partner Dashboard||Buy Azure reservations|
|Managing Azure reservations in your Partner Dashboard||Managing Azure reservations in your Partner Dashboard|
|Determine the correct VM size and verify customer VM usage||VM sizing for maximum Azure reservation usage|
|Purchasing Azure reservations using the Partner Center API||Purchase Azure Reserved VM Instances in the Partner Center developer documentation|