Create a business profile to get Microsoft sales leads and help customers find you
- Partner Center
- Microsoft Partner Network partners
- Cloud Solution Provider program partners
- Account admin
- Business profile admin
- Global admin
- Referrals admin
As a qualified Microsoft partner, you can create a business profile to showcase your business to customers who are looking for your unique solutions and expertise to address their business needs.
Microsoft engages millions of customers every year through marketing, sales, and service efforts. Most of these engagements create opportunities for us to provide referrals to our partners in the form of sales leads.
As the first step to getting these leads, create a business profile. We'll show your profile to customers who are searching for partners who can help them implement Microsoft products and solutions, through:
The Find a solution provider search experience. Potential customers can search partner listings on their own to locate partners who meet their search criteria.
Referrals from Microsoft sales and service employees. Potential customers interested in deploying cloud-based technology solutions contact Microsoft for help finding professionals who can meet their business needs. These Microsoft professionals can then refer potential customers to your company.
To help our partners streamline business operations, we're consolidating features and capabilities that used to be spread across several tools and websites into Partner Center, this site. As part of that effort, we've moved all referrals-related capabilities to Partner Center and retired the Pinpoint and C2PC sites. If you used Pinpoint or C2PC in the past to get and manage referrals from Microsoft, you'll need to create a new business profile in Partner Center to continue to get referrals. We no longer support importing profiles from these sites.
Create a profile
Before you can create a business profile, you must have a Partner Center account. If you don't already have a Partner Center account, see Create a Partner Center account for help creating one.
Create profiles for each region you are authorized to do business in.
From the Partner Center menu, select Referrals > Business profiles > select a country/region > Create a business profile.
On the Create a business profile page, select a region, then enter your profile information.
While Partner Center supports multiple languages, some elements, such as the description and free-form tags, may need to include text from different languages, as noted in this topic.
Introduce your company, adding a logo and a brief description, and a link to your website.
The logo can be a GIF, JPG, or PNG file, with a maximum width of 300 pixels. We recommend using square or long aspect ratios. Tall aspect ratios are not recommended.
Your description can be up to 2500 characters. Tips for a great description:
- Be brief, leading with what's important in the first sentence or two. This should be the headline that catches customers' attention. In the Find a partner search experience, we show the first line or two in the search results preview.
- Focus on your company's experiences with Microsoft-specific offerings. Customers searching for referrals are generally looking for partners with Microsoft-specific experience.
- Use bullets. Break up information into bulleted lists to make it easier to scan.
- Avoid jargon. Use simple, everyday language, naming your offerings for what they do: the business needs they address, or task or objective they help customers accomplish.
- Don't worry about filling the description with search keywords. The customer search tools search for keywords generated in the Partner Expertise section, not the description.
- Keep your profile current. With each software or service release, update your profile, keeping it in sync with your company's website.
- Do not refer to another Microsoft partner company by name, unless it is a subsidiary or is otherwise affiliated with your company, or you have a current agreement with that partner company to act in partnership and/or promote each other for shared work opportunities.
- For regions with multiple languages, consider including text from multiple languages in the description.
Add your LinkedIn company page to strengthen your connections to potential customers.
When you include this link, customers will be able to quickly view more about your organization through the LinkedIn platform.
If you don't already have a LinkedIn company page, you can create one now.
The Find a Partner search tools look for expertise tags. Optimize these tags to help your profile gain visibility.
Start by adding your own tags into the Partner Expertise section. Tags you can add:
- Industry focus tags
- Products. Limited to Microsoft products
- Service type
- Solutions, skills, and capabilities. These tags are free-form, and provide you the ability to add search keywords that are unique to your capabilities.
Other tags used in search:
- Competency tags are an earned designation showcasing your company's capabilities.
- Endorsement tags are earned when Microsoft or your customers who have worked with you endorse your work.
We recommend that you leave this setting checked.
As you demonstrate success with customers through Partner Center, or participate in other Microsoft certifications or programs, we'll automatically add endorsements for your specific products, services and industries contributing to that success. Endorsements are an important factor in search results.
If there are products that you provide services for that you'd rather not show up on your profile, you can uncheck this box and manage your profile manually. These endorsements will be hidden from your customers view, but you can add them back to your profile later at any time.
You can opt out of referrals from businesses that don't meet your target customer size.
By opting out, you'll have more time to spend on businesses that are a match for the businesses that you prefer to work with.
You can add up to 5 of your organization's top locations per region. These locations appear when customers search for partners by proximity.
Indicate locations that are official company locations and can be validated. Pick locations that are central to the markets you serve, and best represent your company's ability to fulfill.
When you're finished updating the location info, select Save this location or Save this location and add another one (even if you're only adding one location).
Each location you add becomes a separate profile page. When updating profile pages, make sure that you update them for each location.
To update a location's address, you'll need to Delete the location first and re-add it.
If you're at 5 top locations and you need to change one, Delete an existing location first and add the new location.
Review your profile
After you publish your profile, updates appear in the Find a solution provider searches within 24 hours.
Improve the visibility of your profile
Respond quickly to requests. When you receive a customer referral, a faster response can lead to better results on the search pages for future customers.
Be selective with your tags. It's better to have fewer tags that best represent your company's offers, solutions, value propositions, and unique position where you can consistently demonstrate success. That will pay dividends in future search results.
Earn competency tags through Microsoft to demonstrate your proficiency in our products.
Earn endorsement tags from customers who appreciate your work.